What do twigs, leaves, hornets and rodents have in common? They are all things that can and often do clog up the gutters around your home. And when your gutters are clogged, you will be surprised at all the damage your home could suffer. Yet many people avoid cleaning their gutters because they just don’t understand how important it is (the National Center for Healthy Housing recommends cleaning out your gutters at least biannually and more often if your home is surrounded by trees or you live in a snowy, icy climate). And sometimes, people are (quite understandably) afraid of the dangers of climbing up the ladder. Our gutter cleaning company in Northern Virginia can help you with the top 5 reasons to clean your gutters:
- Avoid Water Damage—The main purpose of the gutters around your home is to guide water away from your house. Ever wonder why your basement is leaky? It may well be that the gutters are not doing their job. Clogged gutters can lead to too much water causing leaks in the attic, the basement, and even cracks in your foundation. Wet debris build up can also promote mold and mildew growth along with water damage. Protect your home by calling our gutter cleaning company for assistance.
- Winter Ice Dams—Northern Virginia’s crazy unpredictable winters can see a lot of snow buildup on roofs, which can be another source of potential roof and gutter damage that can lead to other problems. Winter “ice dams,” for example, happen when water splashes over a clogged gutter and freezes. This shoves water into your home and can even tear the gutter itself from your home, requiring repair or replacement of this important piece of home protection.
- Gutters Broken Altogether—A clogged gutter can start to rust, crack or become otherwise unable to direct water away from your home. Our gutter cleaning company not only removes clogs so they don’t cause this kind of damage, but we can also catch problems early with regular gutter cleaning and maintenance, thus preventing more expensive and troublesome problems from occurring.
- Pests—Clogged gutters are very attractive nesting locations for termites, ants, mosquitoes, hornets, wasps, bees and even rodents of various sizes. From that starting point, they can easily start working their way into your attic, causing further damage, contagion and stress.
- Safety—Many home insurance companies recommend (and a few even require) homeowners to pay a licensed professional gutter cleaning company to take care of the honors, and this only makes sense. You may have a ladder in your garage, but there are a lot more safety issues at stake than just the heights. Someone needs to be there to hold the ladder so you don’t fall. Also, some of the debris in your gutter may be sharp, infested, moldy, etc. You won’t want to touch the gunk or breathe in the dust, pollen, mold, etc., let alone have it pop out of the gutter and into your eyes. It is far safer to leave this job to a professional
Affordable Quality, Inc. is a fully-licensed gutter cleaning company with the tools and expertise to get your gutters clean and in shape quickly and with a minimum of hassle and expense. We can help you protect your home from water, mold, vermin and other kinds of damage, so contact Affordable Quality today at (703) 794-8513 to keep your gutters flowing freely!